ROB THE SCENE
Powerful. Muscular. But also agile and effective between the curves for maximum riding enjoyment. The new Diavel 1260 combines the performance of a maxi-naked with the ergonomics of a muscle cruiser. Its design reinterprets the Diavel style with a contemporary look and integrates perfectly the 159 HP Testastretta DVT 1262 engine, beating heart of this new Diavel 1260.
For the Model Year 2020, the colour range of the Diavel 1260 has been updated. The standard version is now available in total black: the Dark Stealth colouring includes matt black for the superstructures, which is combined with rims, frame and mechanical parts also in black with different finishes.
The S version, on the other hand, is available in Ducati red with white graphics, alternating with black parts, giving the Diavel 1260 a new sportiness, without sacrificing the style that distinguishes this model.
Muscular lines and an imposing front bring out the strong and restless personality of the new Diavel, featuring a long, slender rear with a 240 mm rear wheel. The colour range of the Diavel 1260 has been updated: the standard version is now available in total black, while the S version is available in Ducati red with white graphics. A new sporty Diavel 1260 S, without sacrificing the style that distinguishes it.
DIAVEL 1260: DESIGNED TO THRILL YOU
Sophisticated styling is its distinctive mark, while the muscular yet elegant lines are a perfect synthesis of a maxi sport naked and muscle cruiser: the new Diavel 1260 is born to stand out.
- Testastretta DVT 1262: The new Diavel 1260 is equipped with a twin cylinder, 1262 cm³, desmodromic Ducati Testastretta DVT with a new architecture, translating to a sportier delivery, and chain final drive
- Ducati QuickShift (DQS): The new Diavel 1260 S comes standard with Ducati Quick Shift up&down (DQS), the system that lets you shift gear without using the clutch, which translates into superior riding pleasure and comfort, especially in urban routes.
- Desmodromic Variable Timing (DVT): Developed and fine-tuned by Ducati engineers, the DVT system optimises performance and fluidity of delivery at all end speed levels.
- Exhaust system: The new Diavel 1260 exhaust is a two-tailpipe, chambered 2-in-1 unit. The exhaust pipes were designed to display the engine and the central body was placed before the rear wheel in order to be barely visible.
- Chassis and ergonomics: The riding position, the low-seat “power cruiser” ergonomics, the high handlebar and the central footpegs, very dear to the hearts of first-hour Diavel enthusiasts, did not change. What did change was the chassis.
- Suspensions: The new Diavel 1260 features a fully adjustable, 50-mm diameter fork on the front.
- Frame: The Diavel 1260 frame is a steel tube trellis using the engine as the key focus of the entire chassis set-up.
- Tyres and rims: The Diavel 1260 fits fourteen-spoke rims, while the 10-spoke rims on the Diavel 1260 S feature an exclusive design and machine processed surface finishes.
- Bosch ABS Cornering Evo: The new Diavel 1260 is equipped with the Brembo braking system and ABS Bosch 9.1MP control unit, an integral part of the Ducati Safety Pack (DSP) together with Traction Control.
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC) Evo: Ducati Traction Control (DTC) is a system derived from racing which basically operates as a filter between the rider’s right hand and the rear tyre.
- Ducati Wheelie Control Evo (DWC): Adjustable on eight levels, the system analyses the position of the bike (wheelie) and consequently manages torque and power to guarantee maximum acceleration in safety without misalignments. Like the DTC, it has eight levels and has been incorporated in the Riding Modes.
- Ducati Power Launch Evo (DPL): The “Dragster” spirit of the Diavel 1260 is fully displayed thanks to the Ducati Power Launch Evo (DPL). This system ensures a very fast - and safe - start thanks to the optimised management of the maximum available torque, with a DTC always active and a relentless control of the pitch angle as measured by IMU.
- Cruise Control and Hands Free: In order to ensure the highest riding comfort during trips on the motorway, the Diavel 1260 is equipped with a Cruise Control system, handled by backlit controls on the handlebar.
- TFT Display: The Diavel 1260 instrument panel consists of a TFT screen with a separate indicator panel, located respectively over and below the handlebar.
- Full LED lights: The Diavel 1260 headlight was carefully conceived and is the product of a very focused design process. Both the front and rear lights are full LED, designed to ensure the maximum lighting performance.
- Ducati Link App: The Diavel 1260 is compatible with the new Ducati Link app, thanks to which it is possible to set the travel mode (combination of Load Mode and Riding Mode) and customise the parameters of each single Riding Mode (ABS, Ducati Traction Control, etc.) using your smartphone to create personalised setting scenarios easily and intuitively.